William R. Urga, Partner
William R. Urga is co-founder and senior partner with Jolley Urga Woodbury Holthus & Rose. Mr. Urga has earned the distinguished AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell® and practices in areas such as business litigation, real estate and commercial transactions, administrative law, and gaming law.
Mr. Urga is a Las Vegas native and graduated with his Juris Doctor Degree from the Hastings College of Law, University of California in 1970. During his academia experiences, he was elected to the Order of the Coif, held membership in the Thurston Society and served as Note and Comment Editor of the Hastings Law Journal.
Throughout his remarkable career, Mr. Urga has served as Commissioner for the Nevada Gaming Commission, member of the Board of Governors of Hastings College of Law Alumni Association, and member of the Disciplinary Board for the Southern District of the Nevada State Bar. Currently, he is a member of the Litigation and Business Law sections of the American Bar Association and a Master of the Inns of Court. Mr. Urga’s community contributions have also extended to teaching Business Law courses at Clark County Community College and lecturing in numerous legal seminars.
- Business Formation and Transactions
- Commercial and Civil Litigation
- Administrative and Licensing
- Real Estate Transactions and Litigation
- Hastings College of Law, University of California (Juris Doctor, 1970)
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Thurston Society Note and Comment Editor, Hastings Law Journal
- University of Colorado (Bachelor of Science, 1967)
- AV Preeminent®
Awards and Recognitions:
- Southern Nevada’s Top Attorneys in Nevada Business Magazine’s Legal Elite
- Judge Lloyd D. George Model of Professionalism Award (2011)
- American Bar Association
- The State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, Master
- Commissioner, Nevada State Gaming Commission (1991-1997)
- Arbitrator, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Instructor, Business Law at Clark County Community College (1981)